If you have noticed your hair is drier and more damaged after using a flat iron you should really take into consideration upgrading your straightener. Steam flat irons are the best for dry, dull hair as they moisturize and boost shine. What steam technology does is to apply wet heat as you press the flat iron against your hair. Normal hot styling tools use dry heat, which is what usually damages hair and leads to split ends. The wet heat of steam flat irons will help straighten hair with little damage by adjusting the moisture present in your hair shaft. We have made some research and found the 5 best steam flat irons suitable for every hair type.
Infiniti Pro by Conair - Ionic Steam Flat Iron
Conair is a well-known brand of beauty products, including styling tools. The Infiniti Pro Steam flat iron designed by Conair is a professional quality straightener with a high ionic output. Its ionic proprieties neutralize the positive atoms in the air, reduce the static electricity and diminishes flyaways and frizzes. Thanks to the 1.5 inch Nano silver tourmaline ceramic coated plates your hair glides through effortlessly without friction. Let’s take a look at the key features of this model:
- It has retractable detangling combs to separate tangle and tame curly frizzy hair
- A 2 step styling system that first conditions the hair with steam and then locks in all the moisture
- Digital temperature control with four ceramic heaters to ensure fast heat up to 395 degrees Fahrenheit in just 30 seconds. You can choose the desired temperature from 5 heat setting.
- Professional 9 foot 360 degrees swivel cord to easily straighten your hair from any angle
- Bonus Item: Professional heat resistant pouch that can also be used as a counter mat
INNOLV Professional Vapor Steam Flat Iron
Looking for a flat iron that can straighten natural, black hair? Then the INNOLV Professional Vapor is the perfect straightener for you. Using the latest active steam technology, this iron is designed to improve your hair’s health, to add moisture and gloss to your hair with minimal risk of damaging it. With the 1.25 inches ceramic titanium and curved edges this is a 2 in 1 iron that allows you to create multiple hairstyles. Advantages of the INNOLV Professional Vapor flat iron:
- It has dual PTC heater that can reach the maximum temperature in 60 seconds
- Features 5 variable temperature settings ranging from 300 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Universal dual voltage (100-240 V) so you can take it with you on your next vacation
- Shuts off automatically after 60 minutes of inactivity
- 360 degrees swivel cord that prevents tangling
xtava Time to Shine Steam Flat Iron
Do you want to have the salon look at home at half the price? Try xtava Time to Shine steam flat iron. This professional grade straightener with 1-inch nano ceramic tourmaline plates offers high quality and long-lasting results. It is designed to straighten even the thickest or curliest hair without over damaging your hair. The xtava Time to Shine can be used as a flat iron or curling iron depending on your preferences due to its floating plates. The steam feature acts as a conditioner making the heat much gentler to the hair during styling for a shinier moisturized finish. Let’s check the main aspects of this flat iron:
- 2 temperature settings, 350 degrees F for delicate or normal hair and 450 degrees for thick coarse hair
- Quick heat up in just 60 seconds
- Includes heat-resistant travel bag and water dropper
- Removable water tank for simple refills
- Automatic shut off safety feature after 60 minutes
- 8’10’’ 360 degrees swivel cord for styling ease
Spaire Steam Hair Straightener
The Spaire steam flat iron is a great medium budget straightener, particularly for those of you who travel a lot. Equipped with worldwide dual voltage (100-240 AC) you can easily take it with you anywhere. Using an innovative technology, the Spaire is transforming the water in the water tank into constant spraying steam. It’s also producing a large number of negative ions to prevent hair damage caused by heat. The 1 inch 3D floating plates and the rounded design makes it perfect for creating beautiful curls from the comfort of your home. The primary characteristics of the Spaire steam flat iron are:
- 40-second rapid heat up
- 2 temperature settings of 330 degrees Fahrenheit for damaged or fine hair and 390 degrees Fahrenheit for thick or curly hair
- Steam switch and power on/off button
- Hinge lock to not damage the plates during storage
- Automatic shut off after 1 hour in case you accidentally forget to turn it off
- Salon-length 360 degrees swivel cord
Homitt Professional Steam Flat Iron
Whether you want big enviable curls or striking straight locks, the Homitt Professional Steam flat iron can help you achieve them. With 3D floating heating panel and 5D heating brush, it can be used as a flat iron but also as a curling iron. Its superior 1.25-inch ceramic plates are equipped with a brush and 3 dissipation holes so you can expect no hair pulling or snagging while straightening. This makes the heat to be distributed equally and eases the ironing process considerably. Thanks to the steam spraying system the water tank will release steam to improve your hair’s health and reduce dryness caused by high temperatures. Important features of Homitt Professional steam flat iron:
- Offers complete styling flexibility and control with 30-second fast heat-up and 5 digitally controlled temperature settings that range from 355 degrees F to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- 30-minute auto shut off if left unattended
- Detachable water tank so you can change the water
- Steam spray button
- Silicone head to safely touch it without gloves
- Bonus Items: heat resistant glove, brush and clip
How to use a steam flat iron?
Steam flat irons use vapor infusing technology to supposedly make hair smoother, softer and more moisturized. It is best suited for folks with natural, kinky and coarse hair and can be viewed as a safe alternative to chemical relaxers. Using a steam flat iron for the first time can be a little challenging so we have come up with a step by step guide.
Step 1. Apply a heat protectant spray or serum to minimize heat damage and make sure your hair is completely dry.
Step 2. Wear a heat-resistant glove to avoid burning your hand. If you don’t have one you should be more careful.
Step 3. Fill the water tank with distilled water and turn on the steam function. Select the right temperature for your hair type. Thick or coarse hair requires a high heat setting while fine or normal hair should be flat ironed at a lower setting.
Step 4. Start the straightening process. Hold the flat iron tightly while it glides through your hair.
Step 5. If you need to refill the water tank turn off the iron to avoid burning yourself.
Step 6. In order to not clog the steam holes, you must clean the plates after every use.
With all of these being said we do hope you will find the best steam straightener for you that will suit you. Remember that the best hair straightener doesn’t need to be the most expensive one, but should have the features you are looking for in a flat iron. To make sure your hair styler won’t damage your hair in any way you should first take into account your hair type.